Wide Format Print Machine Operator & Signage Finisher
Easy Signs is a fast growing, internet based (easysigns.com.au), new age signage manufacturing company that is looking for the right person to join our production team.
Our production team operates from 7am to 11pm Monday to Friday. This is a casual role with a fixed start time each day and varying finish time due to workloads. We currently have morning and afternoon shifts available. There is more about this down below.
This is an ideal job for someone looking for a well paying casual job with set shifts! We are a bit different in the way we hire, we look for intelligence over experience, we offer full training on the job of our equipment and processes, you just need to bring good work ethic and a willingness to learn!
Okay so that’s enough detail, let’s see if you are a good fit.
Are you the type of person that:
- Often feels like you have more common sense than the average Joe?
- Can’t understand why people around you make so many simple mistakes when you don’t seem to have that problem?
- Enjoy focusing on your work and can’t stand it when the person next to you won’t stop talking about their weekend?
- Wants to work for a company that appreciates your efficiency?
- Enjoys flying through simple tasks as much as complex thought provoking ones?
- Gets excited about setting personal goals to try and push your efficiency even further week to week.
- Enjoyed school because you were pretty good at it, and completed your HSC?
Ticking the boxes? Well let’s get into a bit more detail about the role. In any given day you’ll:
- Operate state of the art wide format printing equipment producing high quality signage, Fast! You will be using HP Latex Wide format roll to roll printers as well as SwissQPrint Nyala 2 flatbed UV Printers.
- Operate state of the art cutting equipment from our lightning fast Kongsberg digital flatbed cutting table through to automatic eyelet presses, a banner welder and a CNC router.
- Pack finished jobs for customers (with care, like you would want to receive something), while carefully checking that all elements of the job complete and keeping a keen eye on quality.
- Clean! We don’t run a dirty workspace, we run a high-tech manufacturing facility that we like to keep spotless. If you aren’t ready to pick up a broom or a vacuum, you aren’t ready for the Easy Signs experience.
Still sounding like a good fit? Here’s a little bit about the rest of the company:
- We are growing, Quickly! Last year we grew over 20% and this year we are well above that. As such we always have things going on, new processes rolling out as well as new equipment and products.
- You will be supported by our industry leading customer support team (these guys answer customer enquiries within an average of 1 hour!), as well as our amazing pre-press / design team. If you have problems with files or processes there are great people here ready to help.
- In an industry that generally produces products in 5 days, we are paving the way forward with most of our products produced in only 24 hours!
- We keep a constant supply of beverages up for our production team and have monthly team lunches.
Okay we are getting to the end, this is what we need from you:
- An above average level of intelligence. Did you get a good ATAR? Did you do exceptionally well in any particular subjects at school? Do you have some proven experience in a particular field? Let us know in your cover letter.
- Computer skills, nearly everything we do here involves a computer, the better you are with them the faster you will pick things up.
- A love of organisation. When you see a bunch of tasks to do you put them in an order and work through them in an efficient and logical manner! Not to mention you get a buzz when they are all complete!
- Pride in producing high quality work, we make thousands of signs but our customers individually judge us on the 1 they receive!
- A good work ethic! You need to be self motivated to push through the work as fast as you can and clean your work area without being asked, or you simply won’t work out.
The final bits and pieces you need to know:
- Each shift is guaranteed to be at least 4 hours of work but is usually up to 8 hours long depending on the work load. (shifts currently average 6 - 8 hours).
- Hourly rate of $25.75 (Penalty rates paid for overtime)
- Training provided and immediate start available.
Still reading? Awesome, here is how to apply!
- Write a cover letter that demonstrates you have read this job description and list the attributes that would make you a suitable candidate for the position. Without this you will not be considered.
- Simply click apply below and attach your cover letter and resume.
* Agencies do not contact us about this position.