Easy Signs has been selected by HP to be the first company in the Southern Hemisphere to install their new technology R2000 Latex flatbed printer! As Australia’s most innovative signage manufacturer and winner of the 2017 SmartCompany Top Innovator Award, Easy Signs was keen to develop a close partnership with HP and to be at the forefront of this exciting new printing technology.
We explain why Easy Signs chose this new technology and what the launch of the HP Latex R2000 flatbed printer means to the Australian printing industry.
Check out this video showing the new HP Latex R2000 flatbed printer!
Never heard about flatbed printers using the Latex printing technology?
That is because they were not invented yet! The world’s printing industry has been excitedly waiting for HP to develop their new R2000 flatbed printer which uses their world leading Latex printing technology. HP had perfected their Latex printing with their flexible media printers over the last few years and has been working hard to convert that Latex technology to a flatbed rigid material printer. HP have just announced that they have made this leap forward by releasing this new technology R2000 printer at FESPA in Berlin.
Easy Signs have been silently working behind the scenes with HP to commission this new printer and we can also now announce that the HP2000 Latex flatbed printer is in production in our Ingleburn factory - the first of it’s kind in the Southern Hemisphere! This new printer complements our existing range of HP3100 Latex printers which have been printing our flexible substrates for the last few years - with amazing print quality results.
How is the new HP Latex printing technology different?
The HP Latex R2000 printer will provide Easy Signs with the following benefits:
- Print Quality: HP has once again reinvented their printhead technology to reproduce colours with depth, sharp text and beautiful skin tones. The printheads utilise 1200 nozzles per inch to produce images and graphics that are second to none.
- Increased vibrancy of colours: The R2000 includes a 6 colour printing process to provide richer colours. The HP Latex inks are water based and when cured will have a similar finish to the material that they are printed on. This means that our glossy European Screenboard will result in a glossy finish of the ink. The result is a sign or point of sale display that has deep blacks and vibrant colours.
- Increased Weather and Scratch Resistance: All UV inks when exposed to water for a long period of time will begin to soften while they are wet. This increases the possibility of scratching signs that are exposed to these conditions. The HP Latex inks are printed with an overcoat to increase the scratch resistance and, when cured, forms a surface that offers unparalleled resistance to both weather and scratching.
- Environmentally Friendly: It is not just us telling you that the HP Latex inks are better for the environment. Third party testing against independant standards has the ink accredited with:
- UL ECOLOGO® Certified HP Latex Inks meet a range of stringent human health criteria. The first ink large format digital printing ink manufacturer to receive this accreditation.
- HP Latex Inks are GREENGUARD GOLD Certified to standards for low chemical emissions into indoor air.
- Prints produced using HP Latex Inks on some medias meet AgBB criteria for health-related evaluation of VOC emissions of indoor building products. These prints are rated A+ (very low-emission) according to the Émissions dans l’air intérieur statement on the level of emission of volatile substances in indoor air posing health risks if inhaled.
Why was Easy Signs selected to install the first of these printers in the Southern Hemisphere?
Easy Signs is recognised as the most innovative signage manufacturer in Australia. Over the last few years Easy Signs has grown to become Australia’s leading online signage manufacturer - by embracing the newest printing technologies, providing the fastest production times in the country, driving costs down and setting the highest standard for customer service in the signage industry. This culminated in Easy Signs winning the Top Innovator Award at the 2017 SmartCompany Smart50 Awards - an award judged by an independent panel of industry experts. This is an honour we are extremely proud of and one of the reasons that HP decided to select Easy Signs as the first in our region to install their new technology printer.
Will we be offering white ink printing?
You may have seen on the HP video that the R2000 flatbed printer can also print with white ink. At this stage Easy Signs are not offering white ink printing as an option.
How can you see the quality printed by this new technology?