Installation for Teardrop Banners and Bow Banners:
Setting up your Teardrop or Bow Banner will only take a few minutes.
- First, you unpack the poles and assemble the flagpole by joining the separate pole pieces together from largest to smallest. Simply insert one end of the poles into the other and push them together.
- Now the pole has been assembled it is time to attach the teardrop banner. Start by inserting the top of the pole (the smallest section) into the bottom rod pocket of the banner and push the pole all the way through the rod pocket until it reaches the very end. The end of the rod pocket has a reinforced section - and it is important that the tip of the pole remains in this reinforced section. If you allow it to come out of this reinforced section it can damage your banner.
- You now pull the banner all the way down the pole (while pushing the pole into the banner) and will notice that the top of the pole will start to bend. Keep pushing the pole and pulling the banner until the pole has bent into the full “teardrop” or “bow” shape and the banner can go no further.
- Then follow our Flag Tensioning Guide to secure the flag onto the pole.
- Once your flag base has been placed in its correct position, you can now insert the bottom of the pole into the spindle on the base. Your Flag is now set up and ready to use!
Installation for Rectangle Flags:
Setting up your Rectangle Flag will only take a few minutes.
- First, you unpack the poles and assemble the flagpole by joining the separate pole pieces together. First, join the upright poles from largest to smallest - simply insert one end of the poles into the other and push them together. Then attach the horizontal pole (with the right angle bend) to the top of the upright pole.
- Now the pole has been assembled it is time to attach the Rectangle Flag. Start by inserting the end of the horizontal pole into the bottom rod pocket of the banner and pull the banner all the way along the horizontal pole and then around the right angle bend and down the length of the upright pole. Keep pushing the pole and pulling the banner until the banner can go no further.
- Attach the fabric loop, that is sewn into the bottom of your flag, to the hook on the locking mechanism.
- Slide the locking mechanism to tension your Rectangle Flag, then twist the butterfly screw to secure the locking mechanism.
- Once your flag base has been placed in the correct position, you can now insert the bottom of the pole into the spindle on the base. Your Rectangle Flag is now set up and ready to use.
Caring for your Banner
Your banner will arrive folded into a neat package and may arrive with some creases. These creases should come out naturally over time when used outdoors. However, if you would like to quickly remove the creases the most effective method is with a steamer. A warm iron can also be used providing an ironing cloth is used between the banner and the iron.
If your banner gets dirty, you can clean it using cold water and a damp cloth. You can also wash it in a washing machine using a cold wash on a gentle cycle without any detergents or bleach.
Although the banner is very durable and designed for outdoor use, we recommend that you do not use it outdoors during extreme weather conditions to avoid any possible damage.